Monday, December 21, 2009

Week 4 in Paraguay

Everything in Paraguay has been pretty awesome. I´m looking forward to Christmas, its coming up really fast. It really doesn´t even feel like Christmas at all though, it is so hot here I can´t even really imagine Christmas right now. My next Christmas in the mission is probably going to be worse too because the climate here in Pedro Juan is a little better than a lot of Paraguay. I guess we´ll see if that´s true in a year. I think it is going to be a pretty short email this week because I don´t have too much time left. I´m just going to go through all of mom´s questions and just explain how the call on Christmas is going to go down and then be done pretty much.
The five girls, they aren´t really progressing much. It was really sad too because we really thought one of them, named Liz, really got it. Two weeks ago we taught all about the fruits of the Spirit and how we can receive the answer that the Book of Mormon is true. All of them read and then told us they didn´t get any answer. We taught this lesson and it seemed Liz really understood what the Spirit felt like and even told us that she felt the Spirit. The next time we came over she had all these questions and doubt and told us she wouldn´t get baptized until at least February in order to give her enough time to receive an answer and learn everything. Now most of them aren´t even reading and none of them have gone to church in 3 weeks. Recencio´s son, Derlis, we actually haven´t really seen him much lately because he went and traveled somewhere last week and he works a lot. (he´s 10) His dad is going to church everyweek and doing what he´s supposed to so we don´t think we´ll have any problems with it. We do have to get over there and teach Derlis the rest of the lessons though before the baptism, but that won´t be hard.
More about Paraguay, I think I forgot to tell you about the fireworks here, everyone here has them and it is all about how loud they are. None of them do anything cool or anything, they´re all just really loud. We hear them going off all day everyday. We joke that we can´t tell if they´re fireworks or gunshots because Pedro Juan is known in Paraguay for smuggling drugs because it is the city right on the border with no border control. But don´t worry, I haven´t even seen anything and I´ve already been here a month.
I´m almost out of time so I´ll just explain the Christmas call. Here is how it works, the mission rule is 1 hour, which is actually pretty long. You are supposed to call me. We´re going to be at the church to do the call. You need to call me at 5:00 PM my time and it is a 5 hour difference, so noon your time. I´m also allowed a 3 minute call to finalize everything before Christmas so I´m going to call on the 22nd. That´s tomorrow, I´m going to call at 7:00 AM your time, so mom make sure you´re home, I know you´ll be awake, but don´t leave. I love you all and can´t wait to talk to you on Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment