Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 86 in Paraguay Change 15 Week 1

first off, the shift key is not working on this computer so don't get upset that everything is going to be in lowercase, well not everything, it works on some letters and not others. I really don't get it, it is really throwing me off, but it's alright, I'm in paraguay. secondly, I'm already almost out of time, I can't believe how fast an hour goes by, but I will try to make the best out of the time I've got left. so about the missionaries that got held at knifepoint, their cell phone was stolen so I can't really talk to them to see how they are, they called their district leader on sunday from a member's phone to pass their numbers and told him they haven't been working later than 7:30pm because they are afraid they'll get robbed again. we're going to have to talk to them about that because we have to stay out until 9:00pm. I wonder what they are doing with all that extra time in their house. anyway, as for the work, things are pretty tough right now, we are really having problems with the leaders in the branch, investigators aren't coming back to church and less active members don't want to go to church because of "the family" that goes, the only people with callings in the whole branch, so it has been really hard. There is nothing worse than going over to an investigators house after church to see how it was and they tell you they aren't going back because of the members that go. Yesterday we had this father go to church with his family that are all members, except him, and he told us yesterday he didn't want to go back to church because the church isn't a church of jesus Christ it's a church of the a family's. so it is pretty tough right now. But we are working through it, my companion and I are thinking of things we can change right now and new ways to find new people and stuff, we really still having fun despite the situation, we are working hard with the members, but its tough to get them to do things, but we're making it fun, tonight we are going to make pigs in a blanket with the family and try to get them excited to do some visitas to some less active members to try and get something going. I love you all soooo much, sorry for the short letter again, can't wait to see you all! Elder Adamson V (hey, caps lock works!)

No comments:

Post a Comment