Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 8 in the MTC

I've now been here just about 8 weeks and I am so excited to be heading off to Paraguay soon, only 6 days left now! I leave Salt Lake City, Utah on November 23rd early in the morning and I will arrive in Asuncion, Paraguay on November 24th about dinner time. I've got at total of over 30 hours travel time with one sweet 7 and a half hour layover in Buenos Aires!

Anyway, just some business to go over, so they told me in the mailroom that any dearelders that come and we have already left just get thrown out, they don't get forwarded on because they don't have any postage, so anything sent to me after noon on Saturday, November 21st, I won't get. I'm pretty sure dearelder.com will work once I get into my mission but you will have to change the address to send those to my mission because the church has a pouch service for my mission. I've never been on dearelder.com so you'll have to figure that out, but just keep that in mind.

One main highlight of this week was when my teacher decided, which was a great idea, to have a little mach baptism to teach us all how to go through the interview questions with an investigator, and how to plan the whole baptism. My district leader was put in charge and we were all given roles to play and it turned out really awesome. My teacher was the investigator and we were all given different roles in the baptismal service. I was given the role of the investigator's best member friend and I gave a talk at the baptism about the gift of the Holy Ghost. Oh, and by the way, all of this was done in Spanish, which you probably already guessed. It was a super cool experience because of the spirit that was there. I could really feel the love that I had for this fake investigator and it made me think about all of the times I will be doing this for real people on my mission and it was just so cool to think about the Spirit being brought to the hearts of those I am going to teach in Paraguay. We were able to have a testimony meeting as a district too. I could really just feel the love that God has for all of us, it was one of the best experiences I have had here at the MTC. After all this we found out, Angela, the girl from San Antonio I was telling you about, meet with the missionaries and set her baptismal date for tomorrow, Angela our investigator from the Referral Center is going to get baptized tomorrow, how cool is that?! I just want to end with my testimony that I know without a doubt that this is God's work among men, I know this because of that Spirit I can feel so strong while I study and especially while I teach people about the truths of this gospel. I am so excited to get down to Paraguay and start touching the lives of the people there. I can't wait to tell you all about South America, con amor, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment