Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 14 in Paraguay

I don´t have a lot of time, so this will be short. I am so glad you got the pictures, it might be pretty expensive to send things here, but it is actually pretty cheap to send things home, it was about 10 dollars to send both of those packages, about 5 dollars each, not too bad. Zone conference was a total power house on the Book of Mormon and questions of the soul, I´m going to just add a little of what I wrote to President Wade this week explain this. ..."I also have been trying to do what you said in my interview and study my notes from conference to answer my question I had and really focus on following the Spirit more. The question I wrote at the beginning of conference was, "'How can I love my companion all the time no matter the situation?', in studying my notes and cross referencing things I have really began to learn a lot about how humility is connected to love." It is a great concept Moroni shows us in Moroni 7 in his dicourse when he is talking about Charity. How we can pray for the love that will make us like Jesus Christ, but first we have to humble ourselves to pray. I connected this to what it says in 2 Nephi 9 in verse 39, about how we have to humble ourselves to pray. What I learned really is that love really can come from humility, knowing that Heavenly Father knows best. Heavenly Father has worked through you to have us use the Book of Mormon more, I can humble myself and my methods and work with my companion to do this, and in humbling myself I can develop more love, as I seek and pray for it." I don´t know how much of that made sense, but that is kind of what I learned...
In our mission, what our mission president says about music is if you can feel the spirit you can listen to it. We have all kinds of church artists at our house, including pretty much all of EFY. The music here in the streets is crazy, all the time people are playing music as loud as they come down the street. There is a lot of music in English too. Some songs I know, and that is always fun. I´m suprised it wasn´t in the video, I'm sure if you listen looking for the music you can hear some. The Rama has been really hard lately. The President of the Rama is the only one with a calling now and we only had 8 people in church yesterday with 0 investigators. We found some good people this last week. My companion was just called by the Mission President to be the first counselor in the Rama (Branch) and I am going to be the secretary. We are going to be sustained this week. Its hard but we are progressing, we had this super inactive family go to church last week too, which was really awesome. I have to go, I´ll tell you more next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment