Saturday, August 14, 2010

Week 39 in Paraguay Change 7 Week 1

This week was such an extremely week with office stuff, there is a lot of mission drama going on right now. That is one of the cool things about the office, you are in on everything and you get to know about all the changes and everything before they even happen. It looks like pretty soon, as within the next 5 weeks, I will have more time in the office than everyone else in the office except one person. Then six weeks after, that one person will be leaving the office and then I'll have more time than anyone else. It's weird, everyone is getting out the office and I just got in, and I can't believe I have been in here for a whole month and a half already. Anyway, about the week, we had zone conferences this week, so just because of that it has been very busy. President's wife wanted to try something different for the lunches at the conferences too, so the good news is I had free food all week, bad news I ate the exact same plate of food five days in a row, salad, some good rice, a roll, chicken milinesa, delicious fruit juice, and a green Jello desert. It was really good food, but it was a little tiring having it every day. Then, I have been scheduling so many things for President. It seems like right now, all at once everyone wants President to do something for them so my phone is just ringing off the hook, even though it doesn't have a hook because it is a cell phone, but you know what I mean. I got to drive a whole lot this week too, I'm getting used to it now, Paraguayan driving is really different, people are crazy here, but don't worry, I'm being very safe. Just this morning I had to drive a sister to the airport, she went home early because of some difficulties she was having in the mission, she had a really early flight too so I haven't got a very good nights sleep.
We are kind of thin in the investigator pool again, we were supposed to have another baptism yesterday, but the girl getting baptized talked to her family and kind of got cold feet. She comes from a really Catholic family and her grandparents are really against her getting baptized. We talked to her last night and set up another baptismal date for two weeks from now, but she is not going to be able to go to church this week so I don't know what is going to happen. I hope she is able to overcome everything and do what she knows is right, she has really changed, just a week ago she was always really excited to meet with us and really happy and now she is just different, we think she may have broke some commandments and is having trouble now because of that, but every time we try to verify she seems like she is keeping all commitments, the desire just isn't there anymore.
Luis is doing really good, we confirmed him last Sunday and ordained him to be a priest, hopefully we can get him blessing the sacrament soon, but he doesn't want to wear the white shirt I gave him to church because it is too big, so we are going to have to exchange it sometime so he can start blessing the sacrament. Other than that we are just trying to find a lot of new people, we found some good people last week, but we don't have very many people right now that are progressing and keeping commitments. We are working hard though and a lot of things are going well, we just need to get the members a little more involved in the work instead of just doing contacts all the time, anyway, got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment