Saturday, August 7, 2010

Week 38 in Paraguay Change 6 Week 6 in Mission Office

This last week was probably one of the busiest weeks in my whole mission, the office is just a busy place to be during changes, but I made it through it. Six more weeks until I've got to do it all over again. I am officially alone here in the office, no more trainer, Elder Peterson, to help me out, move me along and get me doing what I am supposed to be doing, but I'm alright, it really isn't too much to handle, and he trained me for 5 weeks, so if he hasn't showed me it yet it must not be that important. It is just Elder Gage and I tracking out Campo Grande A. The office is really changing, within the next six weeks it'll probably be a whole different staff, all people that never were in the office with President Wade. President Madariaga really wants to change a lot of things up and I think he kind of wants his own staff, willing missionaries that never knew how it was done with President Wade so he can get the office accustomed to his way, which in a lot of ways really isn't that different, but I wouldn't really know either, I was never here with President Wade. This week was a week full of activity; sending old missionaries home, getting new missionaries here and to their areas, and making sure that all of that was done legally and without any problems. We had the biggest adventures with the new missionaries coming in. All the missionaries, Latin or American, are all supposed to arrive here on Tuesday of changes and there is a whole plan and schedule for everything so they can be sent out to their areas and working by Wednesday afternoon. Well, there were about a lot of flight problems for the Americans, and to make a long story short, instead of having to go to the airport once as was planned, we ended up going to the airport five different times to pick up new missionaries, four of which some new missionaries actually showed up. It was a really confusing and stressful week because of all the flight problems, but looking back on all of it, everything actually went really smoothly and everything is finally in place. And, Luis was finally baptized, after working with him for five weeks now, we were able to baptize him Tuesday night, and for some of the new missionaries that had arrived, they could see their first baptismal service in Paraguay. Everything is going really well with him and we are preparing to confirm him tomorrow and give him the Aaronic Priesthood. Next week we should be having another baptism, this girl named Fatima, the girlfriend of a less active member in our ward, we have been trying to activate the family and Fatima is going to get baptized. After that it doesn't look like we will have anything for a little while, but we are going to keep on looking for good people in our little area.
Anyway, I don't have much time today, we've got some fun P-day plans for today and we haven't even done our shopping yet. Sorry to cut the communication a little short. Thank you, for the article, I really like it, I'll be thinking about that this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment