Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 95 in Paraguay Change 16 Week 4

Hey Family! So I'm in Saltos right now, I came here today to teach the rest of the Elders in the zone in a joint district meeting and then stayed for P-day, I'm going to be doing a division with them tonight and I'm heading back to SantanĂ­ on the 11 oclock bus. First things first, I bought a camera today, I have been thinking about it a lot but never wanted to do it because they are so expensive in SantanĂ­, but today I was in Saltos on the border of Brazil and the prices are a lot lower here, so I didn't really think about it and just bought one, it was 90 dollars. The cheapest one I've found in SantanĂ­ is over 140 dollars, and the one I got is pretty nice too. I wanted to get one so I could have one for the airport and things, a few people are going to go here to see me off and I want to be able to take pictures with them, and it will be nice to not have to use my comps camera for the next two weeks. Well, I don't have very much time to write, we've got to go get doing some other things, but we had a baptism last week! I attached a picture of their wedding, my companion has all the pictures of the baptism though. It was such a great baptism, and we are going to have another one this week, and some more next week, if everything goes well, so I should be finishing everything out strong, it really hasn't quite hit me yet I'm going, it's all gone by so fast. Well, a quick story from this week. We called out a little 5 year old kid for lying to us, it was so funny. So Paraguayans when they don't want to talk to you they send out their kids to tell you that they aren't home. It's pretty normal, but I've never had something like this happen, the kid ran out and we had just seen the mom go in from the bathroom and he tells us that no one is home but him, a little 5 year old kid; so I tell him, "Then who is the lady that just finished showering and entered the house?" he just looked up at us dumb and told us he didn't know, like all other Paraguayan kids, and then my companion looks at him and says, "Are you lying to us?" and the little kid, all hurt, just said yes and then went running into the house yelling for his mom. Anyway, I love you all so much, can't wait to see you in a couple weeks and explain things to you a little better! Love you sooooo much, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment