Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 96 in Paraguay Change 16 Week 5

So I'm just about out of time today so this one will probably be a little short, but don't worry, anything I don't say by now I'm pretty sure I'll remember enough to tell you when I get home. First things first about the finances, so they took advantage of me in Saltos. I bought a camera for 90 dollars and specifically asked them to charge me in dollars because the exchange rate is higher there so they can rip people off and make money, they charged me in GuaranĂ­es anyways, so that is why the camera was more expensive. I wish I would have noticed, but I didn't notice until the next day because the receipt they gave me said 90 dollars, but the receipt that was with my card said 400 mil, which is more than 90 dollars. Then the next day I just decided to take out the rest of my money to start buying some last things and use in the airports to have cash, and I just tried a high amount, still not realizing I got jipped in Saltos on my camera, just to see if it was on my card not really expecting it to all come out and it did. I think probably because you put more money on my card on Monday, so yes I took out money.
As for the baptism, it didn't happen because the little girl got sick over the weekend, there was a whole lot of rain, but we have it planned for this week, she will get baptized before I go home for sure, my last baptism. Other than that I don't really have much more to say, well I do but I really don't have time, I had a really awesome spiritual experience in a lesson this week, you are going to have to remind me when I get home to tell you, I won't forget and I wrote it down. I want to cook some Paraguayan dishes I've learned to make for you when I get home. I love you all so much, I really feel for my BYU cougars, but I'm alright as long as they have a good team next year! Love you so much, see you next week! Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment