Friday, October 2, 2009

Elder Adamson's First Letter September 29, 2009

Hello! This is Elder Adamson V,

(Must explain the Elder Adamson V, Ryan is our fifth son and our fifth to serve a mission. He was preceded by David, Chile Santiago North; Robert, Puerto Rico, San Juan: Joseph, Spain, Canary Islands; Gary, Argentina, Buenos Aires.)

I've been here now for just about 6 days and I am loving it here. It is pretty hard, but it is so much fun to be here. I just love all the people I am with. My companion is pretty awesome, he's an Oklahoma boy, a 6' 4" and a solid 265 pounds Oklahoma boy! He is solid, he played rugby for BYU last year, so he is pretty big and solid. It is so awesome being with him....

So get this, yesterday I had a conversation outside the main enterance with Elder Scott, yeah, Richard G. Scott, in Spanish, and I didn't even recognize who he was. We were walking outside bearing our testimonies to other missionaries in Spanish and he walked by and asked in Spanish if we spoke often in our mission language. I explained to him that we had only been here 5 days but we were trying hard to speak as much as we could, he complimented us and then walked into the building. Everything he said to me was in Spanish, I guess he comes to the MTC to learn more languages, and that's why he was here. He is already fluent in Spanish. We were walking away and the man we were with told us that it was Elder Scott, and it was so obvious to me I couldn't even believe I didn't recognize him.

EVERYONE SEND ME MAIL!!!! through dearelder.com. (Be sure to check on Provo MTC on the left---My Mailbox is #294, Mission code PAR-ASUN, and leave date 1123.)

DearElder.com is pretty much the coolest thing I have ever seen. You go online to dearelder.com and then find me and you can write me a letter and they will print it and give it to me here. It's so awesome because I get it the same day and you don't have to pay anything, its free. And its better than email because I don't have to take any of my email time to read letters. I only have a half an hour to write emails. So put it up on my blog or something, dearelder.com, its completely free and so convenient for me, and I'm pretty sure you can do it my whole mission, when I leave here they can print them out at my mission office. I would love to get mail!.... Tell everyone about dearelder, and tell my brothers and sisters to use it too and leave their email in the letter so I can write them back that way. Oh, and if you could send me stamps, I only get 6 dollars on my card a week and stamps are pretty expensive, that would be awesome. (Stamps have been sent)
I love all of you and I hope everyone is doing alright, I know I am where I am supposed to be and even now I can see the work moving forward through my efforts. Last night I was chatting with a 16 year old boy online in the referal center for 50 minutes about Jesus Christ and the atonement and how He loves us, and he committed to pray last night to know if what we talked about was true, it was kind of sad though, because I ran out of time right after I told him we could have missionaries visit him or he could call me back and the chat disconnected, but I know he felt the spirit of what I was telling him and that he will come in his own time. I love my Savior, it is so real what he has done for us, and I can't wait to help more lives come to that knowledge. I love and miss you all, but I will see you soon,

Love, Elder Adamson V


1 comment:

  1. Hello, Elder Adamson! We were in your ward in Spokane, WA (Otis Orchards/Newman Lake) when your dad was our bishop! We love your family! Our son, Ryan returned from his mission last month. We just took him to BYU this past weekend and tomorrow he has a job interview at the MTC to teach Spanish. Hello, Adamson family. We have thought of you often through the years!
    Marie and Jeff Waite family

    ReplyDelete