Sunday, October 25, 2009

So the big news this week was that half of our district left to go to the MTC in the Dominican Republic this week, we had a big testimony meeting in class the day the left and it was just so awesome. I know they are going to be awesome missionaries because of the testimonies they have in this gospel, I miss all of them already, but we're still having fun. One of them lost there passport on the way down there, made it to Puerto Rico, and had to come back, and guess what, he was assigned to our companionship. I'm in a three missionary companionship now. It's been pretty crazy, its a lot harder with three people. My companion and I have already left him in the cafeteria twice now, which I feel really bad about because of everything he went through. He ended up having to live in Puerto Rico for two days before the Church could get him some flights back, and he still doesn't have his luggage now, because that made it to the MTC in the Domincan. I'll make sure to tell you more about how that is going next week after we've all tried to teach together.
So more big news, I started making calls in the Referral Center in Spanish this week, and it is intense. I had one really nice lady from NYC that I called I was talking to and she started saying something super fast and I told her "Estoy tratando aprender Español pero no hablo muy bien, pueda halbar más despacio por favór?" and she replied back "do you want me to speak Spanish or English?" It was really funny, anyway, I told her to speak Spanish so I could practice and we had a really nice conversation and she wants me to call her back, man I just love Spanish people. Anyway, so things have been going really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment