Saturday, September 11, 2010

Week 43 in Paraguay Change 7 Week 5

Another hectic week in the office, every week I get into the office and think it is going to be a little more relaxed so I can get caught up on a lot of things, and then it is just a hectic week just the same. Next week there are changes, so that definitely won't be a relaxed week, so I guess you just never get a chance to relax in the office, but that is a good thing, it is making the time go by really fast, I have almost already been here in the office just as long as I was in San Lorenzo, it felt like an eternity in San Lorenzo and I feel like I have just got here, maybe that is just a blessing from the Lord though because he knows how long I really am going to be here. Anyway, today has been a pretty crazy P-day, more like it hasn't been a P-day at all, we have been doing office work all morning and just now I've got some time to write and do some things, but anyway, I don't really have too much time to write because of that. Anyway, we are having a baptism this Tuesday! I am so excited, we are baptizing Laura, one of the girls from this family we are teaching. The rest of the family still wants to wait a little while, but I had probably one of the best lessons in all of my mission with them a few days ago, it really just made all of it worth it, I don't really even know what happened in the lesson, but I felt different, really accomplished, like I was really doing absolutely everything I could for someone, and they were actually understanding and learning and willing to change. It put everything into perspective, seeing all of them happy for literally eternity, and seeing how I stood right in the middle of it, it was really one of the best moments in my entire mission, something I will never forget. It was also probably one of the hardest moments of my mission too, because I bore my testimony and everything, and they really understood, and Laura told us she wanted to get baptized with Juan Jose, her brother who had already decided he wanted to get baptized but has never gone to church. In the kindest way possible we had to tell him that he couldn't get baptized yet until he goes to church a few times, I have never had someone tell me they wanted to get baptized on a specific date and had to tell them no, and I really hope I never have to again, but it was a very good lesson and he understands a lot better what he has to do to be able to be baptized, and he honestly wants to so he will get baptized, just not on Tuesday. Hopefully Laura's baptism will help out the whole family, the whole family is going to go and hopefully the experience will help them all decide that it is the right thing to do. They are such great people and I feel honored to be the missionary to teach them, they really have made my whole mission worth it, and I hope through my teaching they can feel that importance that I place in them. Anyway, sorry to cut things a little short, but I really don't have too much time, I just want you all to know I love you so much and I am so grateful for the calling that I have, I am coming to appreciate it more and more everyday. I love you all so much, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment