Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 44 in Paraguay Office District Leader

This week was probably the most stressful week of my entire mission. There was so much to do with changes and everything I thought I was going to go crazy (sorry Dad, but that is a correct use of the word, love you Dad) Anyway, when Thursday night came I was probably the happiest man alive, it was like a huge task was completely finished, and I didn’t even mess anything up. The major downside though to the week was we didn’t get to missionary work in our area very much; Monday we only got 2 ½ hours in our areas, nothing on Tuesday or Wednesday, then about 3 hours on Thursday and then back to normal on Friday, so with all that I have only been out in the area doing missionary work this week for about 10 hours, that is less than I would normally do in one day before I came into the mission office. Good news though, every companionship in Campo Grande baptized this week, so we have 3 confirmations for church on Sunday. More news, at changes I got called to be the office District Leader, so I’m going to start doing baptismal interviews and teaching district meetings on Tuesdays. I was able to do my very first interview this last Wednesday for a baptism on Thursday, It was this investigator that has been investigating the church since before I even got to the office, and she new everything perfectly, it was the easiest interview I have ever had to do... Anyway, so we had 3 people get baptized on Tuesday, the Assistants baptized two and Elder Gage, Elder Dailey and I baptized Laura, her whole family was at the baptism and the service went super well. We just went on Thursday to see how they were doing and talked a little to Fatima, Laura’s younger sister, and she told us that before she had never really taken anything we said seriously, and when she saw Laura getting ready to be baptized and finally get baptized, she realized that is was something that could really be true and important, and told us that she is going to start really reading to know, that was what we were hoping for, that Laura getting baptized would help the rest of her family really discover the gospel on their own. Laura is awesome, she is so willing to do what God wants her to do, she is a single mom, 23 with a 4 year old son, and she is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met, and she told us she is going to start reading with Fatima so she can help her sister discover what she has discovered. This family has been all I can really think about lately, I want to help them so bad, and it has been some of the best experiences watching them find out for themselves and be blessed by the gospel. Juan Jose told us the other day about his conversion, the Mom is always looking things up on Mormon.org, Fatima is trying to find the answer now, and Laura is getting confirmed tomorrow. I am so grateful for the work that we are doing with this family, teaching people like them is what keeps you going and makes it all worth it.

Anyway, sorry this email is a little scrambled, we just played some soccer against the south mission and I don’t have any energy at all, it is starting to get hot again, and its only September, it is supposed to be in the 90’s here tomorrow, but anyway, I’m still hanging in there, I don’t have much time left, I hope everyone has a great week, it is going to be the last week of my first year, time is going by way too fast, CRAZY, I love you all so much, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment