Monday, March 14, 2011

Week 69 in Paraguay Change 12 Week 2

It sure has been a crazy week, almost everyone has been telling me about the tsunami in Japan. I was looking forward to today though because I knew that you would tell me what really happened. I have heard so many different things from the people here. My favorite was this one member that told us a 2000 meter wave hit Japan, but the Japanese people were ready and waiting for the wave, so they all got on their rooftops and only 1200 people died, after a wave more than a mile high hit the country. So I'm glad to have the correct information now.
Anyway, about the skype call thing, I don't know if it will even work this time because it will be Sunday and the only place we have internet here we have to pay to use it, so the phone call will probably just be a regular phone call like all the other ones. We'll plan it well before it happens, we still have 8 more weeks to worry about that though, but really only 7 more letters after this one if you think about it, but that's still a lot of time, we'll get it all figured out once it gets a little bit closer.
Well to answer some of your questions, Monserrath still hasn't got baptized, Wednesday for sure the baptism is happening, we just wanted to wait a little longer so she understood a few more things. Other than that the missionary work has been a little slow lately. We have been doing a lot of planning and ligistical things lately, getting references and things, this week should be the pay off week. Hopefully we can really get a lot going, it has been really good working with members and trying to start to work a lot more off of references. It really is a lot more effective, and it helps the members, especially less actives and recent converts, it is exciting to get them excited about sharing the gospel and hearing all their stories about people they taught in that past and people they brought to church. Last week we were able to contact a few of the references we got, but this week is the big week.
As for the zone, I'm over 5 units, 4 wards and 1 branch. The branch has sisters so there's one set of sisters in the zone. It has been good so far being zone leader, its a lot more work, but luckily I've got a pretty small zone, so its not too bad, and its fun to teach and train them, plus I'm still training Elder Juhasz, so I've got a lot to do.
Anyway I better get going, don't stop sending the BYU news, its fun to hear about, and honestly I don't even think about it during the week, I just miss it on P-day and then I forget about it until the next Monday, go Cougs, I love you all so much, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment