Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 71 in Paraguay Change 12 Week 4

This week was a little more of a slow week, I really don't have too much to write about, so I'm just going to go through and answer some of the questions that mom sent me.
Well how is life as a missionary this week? Honestly nothing really exciting, we didn't have too much success this week finding investigators or teaching really. We spent a lot of time looking for more less active people we had been told about and trying to get references from members. I think we were really able to gain a lot more confidence this week with a lot of members though, and some of the less active members we have been working with went to church yesterday, so that is a good thing. On the side of investigators, nothing really. Monserrath got confirmed yesterday, so she is officially a member of the church now. That was really exciting, they called her up to the stand to get confirmed and she wouldn't go up because she thought she was going to have to speak. We had to explain to her quick that she just had to sit down and that was it, and then she went up.

How was the split off with Elder Levos? How did your companion do with Elder Neyra? Well, I'll tell you next week because I'm still looking forward to the division, the assistants had to cancel on us because President had a last minute special assignment for them because of the training meetings they have been doing. It was kind of our fault for trying to plan the division during the trainings, but after Wednesday all of the training is over so we are starting the division Wednesday evening and ending it Thursday morning, and this time it is for sure.

How is your companion's Spanish doing? It's been about two months he is probably a lot more confident now? He still isn't too confident, he understands a lot more but it is still pretty frustrating, it is a little frustrating for me sometimes because I feel like he doesn't even want to try, but I can't judge. I know how it was, and it is hard, and that was after I had 4 years of high school Spanish. The members and others too are getting kind of mad at him for speaking English and stuff. I'm pretty much the only one that talks a lot of the time in lessons, but we're working on it and we'll see how it goes. I'm thinking there are only about two and a half more weeks that we are going to be together, so I better train him well, just in case he's with a Latin next change.

Any great prospects? We have a few people we are working with that are progressing, but nothing super fast. We didn't have any investigators in church yesterday. It was tough, I think it was the first time in a really long time that has happened to me. We have General Conference coming up so it is a great oppurtunity for people to go for the first time with so many different times you can go and it being in the afternoon and everything. The first session doesn't start until one here, so it should be a really good way to get a lot more investigators in church this week.

Have you enjoyed the flowers and plants of Paraguay? From your perspective of working with so many flowers before your mission, do you notice them in Paraguay? A lot of times I do notice flowers I sold and things, but I can never remember their names, and there are so many more plants I don't know that are really different. It is really cool sometimes how amazing Paraguay is, but almost anything grows here. People with big gardens always say that it is super easy to grow things here, all you have to do is throw a seed on the ground and come back in a couple months.

Have you any pictures lately? I attached the picture of me with Elder Juhasz the day we left the office when he came. The truth is my camera is broken, the lens won't open, I'm going to try and get it fixed, but I haven't taken any pictures in a while because of that. Luckily my companion has a camera and I can just stick my chip in his camera to get some pictures, I have pictures, I just don't have any way of getting them off the chip right now, but they have what I need in the office, so the next time I go I can save all of them on my thumb drive.

Well, my time is just about up, I love you all so much. This week is going to be a really full week, tomorrow I'm doing a division with one of my district leaders, then Wednesday a division with Elder Levos, then Thursday in the area, then Friday the zone is going to the temple, then Saturday and Sunday we have General Conference, and then on Monday I have Zone Leader Council, so I should many things to share next time I write again, I love you all so much, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment