Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 70 in Paraguay Change 12 Week 3 A Baptism

Hey mom, thanks for the heads up on my mission deferment at BYU, that is just a little important. I am absolutely positive I filled one out and BYU should have it. What happened was my last week in school at the Y, I went to turn one in and they told me I couldn't turn one in until after I got my call, so I brought one home, filled it all out, and then once we got my call we sent it, maybe it didn't get there or something happened, but I specifically remember sending it. My president said I could do whatever I needed to do, so I'm going to print it out and send it this week, it takes about 4 weeks to be sure that it got there, so about this time in April we should check and see if they got it, if they didn't I'll try sending it again. Which reminds me, I sent you and dad an anniversary present, pretty much the best present I could have ever given you, it was supposed to be a suprise, but its been a really long time since I sent it, so I just want to know if you've got it yet, hopefully you have, or you get it this week or something, because it was such an awesome gift I hope it didn't get lost in the mail. I don't want to say what it is just to not ruin the suprise, hopefully you already have it, but I thought for sure once you got it you would have said something because of how awesome it is, so I thought I would just check. (Note-Dad and Mom have not received it. It has been over a month since it was mailed.)

Anyway, the week turned out to be a pretty good one, but it turned out to be kind of a let down, we had so much success finding new people and teaching Tuesday and Wednesday, and then as the week went on and we were preparing people to go to church people began to dismiss us and it started to get a little more difficult. On the happy side, Monserrath got baptized yesterday! It was really exciting for her to finally get baptized. We told her over and over and over again to invite friends, and she brought two of her friends to church and they stayed for the baptism after. Today we are going to try and meet her friends families and see what they thought about the baptism, hopefully we can get a lot more people to teach that way. All and all things have been really good as of late, the week before this one was really tough, and we are still kind of just coming up off of that, but we are going in a good direction. Tomorrow I'm going on a division with one of the assistants, Elder Levos, one of my really good friends from the office days, so I'm excited for that, it should be a really fun day and it should help me out a lot figuring out how to work as a zone leader with the zone and get some good training. Elder Neyra, the other assistant, is going to be working with my companion, it should be a good day for him, since Elder Neyra doesn't speak any English and my companion is just kind of getting to know the area, hopefully he doesn't get too lost and he can remember people they find, but it should be a good learning experiece for the both of us.
Anyway, I really don't have too much more to say, the big highlight of the week was the baptism, I'm really glad we were able to get it done, she'll be getting confirmed next week in church so we've still got a week to teach her how to listen to the spirit. I love this work so much, its been really hard lately, especially with all the new responsiblities on top of training a new missionary, but it hasn't been overwhelming, and I am trying hard to exceed expectations. I know the Lord will help me as I put my trust in him. I love you all so much, I can't wait to hear all the great things that happen this week next week. Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment