Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 79 in Paraguay Change 13 Week 5

So this week was another great week in Paraguay, it went by soo fast I can't believe it, Milciades, Miguel and Jorge all got confirmed this week. Now we are kind of back to ground zero, I mean we have a few people to work with, but we didn't have anyone in church yesterday so this week we will be doing a lot of finding, that is if I end up staying here. Changes are on Wednesday and we should find out what changes are tonight, as of right now it really looks like I'm going to be leaving, but we really don't know, honestly it would be nice to leave just to get to my last area and have a good 4 months there, speaking of which, today is my 20 months mark! 20 months down, 4 to go, but don't worry, I'm still working hard, sometimes I can't even feel the time, it is amazing how fast it goes, but then other times it seems like September will never come, but luckily its the first feeling more than the last one. This week we had some crazy things happen, first of all, everyone, I mean everyone we talked to asked us about the end of the world and if it would really come of Saturday? I can't tell you how many times we read Matthew 24:36 with people, a week ago I wouldn't have even had any idea what that scripture even said and now I have the reference memorized. People here really thought it was going to come. The crazy part of it all though was that on Friday night, around 7:30 ish, there was a huge meteor that flew accross the sky and hit the ground in Ita. It really lit up the whole sky. I had never seen anything like it, people were telling us that on the news it showed people in San Lorenzo and Capiata get on their knees and pray after the thing went across the sky thinking it was the end of the world; kind of a funny coincidence that came right as this guy tells everyone the world is going to end. It was bright, by 7:30 the sun is completely down and it is really dark out and everything was lit up for a second. At the time we were at the house of this inactive member that works for a huge chicken company here in Paraguay called Pechugon, he goes in unmarked vehicles that haul the money from city to city in teams fully armed and sometimes he even has to handcuff himself to suitcases of money and things. His car one time had already been assaulted by people trying to steal the money and he has had death threats by people telling him they are going to come to his house and stuff. He is a pretty jumpy guy, anyway, when the meteor went overhead he didn't see it very well and he immediately went to the back of his house to check out what had happened, as he did he put his hand right into his waistline on his back, we're pretty sure he had a gun on him and he pulled it out to see what was up. Anyway, he has a pretty crazy life. He's only 20 years old and his girl he is with is waiting for their first child. He said he has a two week vacation soon and he's going to try to get his life in order. I wonder what he is going to decide to do. Anyway, other than the end of the world, nothing big really happened this week. My companion had to get his ears checked because he's got some kind of growth on the inside of one ear, the docter told me I have super dirty ears and gave me some instruction on how to clean them. We had a fun division this week with the assistants, I was able to work with the new assistant for a day and we found some cool new people together, and that is about all that happened. This week should prove to be a little more eventful with changes happening and everything, so I think I'll have a little more to write about next week. I love you all so much, I know that this church is true and that this is the Lord's work. It is such a blessing to be here and see these people except the gospel in their lives. There is no where I would rather be right now. I know Christ is our Savior and that we can come unto him no matter what the situation and he is ready to fill our hearts with his love to heal us. I love you all, can't wait to see you all, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment