Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 80 in Paraguay Change 14 Week 1

Well, another week down and another change down, this one was a big one, as you probably all expected from my former comments. I'm in a new area, Santaní, I don't even know where to start. Well, first off, I'm still zone leader, my companion is a zone leader too, he just went up from district leader this change. His name is Elder Felix, he's a Mexican from California, so he grew up speaking English and Spanish. So I kind of have a Latin comp again, but not really, we still speak English all the time. Both of his parents were born in Mexico, but he was born in the United States. He didn't learn English until he was five though, but honestly he still speaks English better than Spanish, not that his Spanish isn't good, it's great, but its not as good as his English. He goes home in December, so speaking from my Office mind, I'm pretty sure we are going to stay together two changes, then he'll leave and I'll get a new companion here and end my mission here. It's kind of crazy to think that I am most likely in the place where I'm going to end. I mean it's not for sure yet, but I'm pretty sure that's how it will be. I would still like to train, it would be fun to leave after a change and open up an area with a brand new missionary, but I don't see it happening.

So about Santaní, I'm back out of the greater Asunción area, finally after over a year, Santaní is this really cool little city about 3 hours outside of Asunción. It is probably the most beautiful area I have ever been in, the trees just go on for miles and the city is all hills, its taking a little while to get used to it. I've been coming home pretty tired each day so far with all the walking up and down hills here. It really is an amazing area and its got a great market to buy things. It would be a good place to end honestly to get recuerdos and things I want to take home. The only problem out here is the branch, so I'm in a branch again, but it has more problems than I would have ever imagined even existed in the church, even in Paraguay. President Madariaga came this last weekend to work with us to try and figure some things out and he had a fireside Sunday afternoon with all the members and talked really strong and frankly about gossip, about repentance and about callings. The building here is beautiful, it is one of the best church buildings I've ever seen in Paraguay, if not the best. I think we will just about have our hands full these next couple of months. I'm sure I'll be hearing a lot more stories too, but as of right now I really like it here, the people are really receptive to the gospel, we have 3 people getting ready to be baptized here in a couple of weeks, and the gossip issue seems to be hitting a plateau. It is just gorgeous here, it is really one of the most beautiful parts of Paraguay I have ever seen, and from being in the office I was able to see a lot. I'm really excited, plus, I have a companion that really wants to work hard, and I'm almost guaranteed 12 weeks with him, well 11 more now, so I'm thinking we are going to have a really good experience. On top of all that, the zone I am over is called Zona La Paloma, which is the biggest zone by square milage in the mission, so I'm going to be getting to travel a lot and see a lot more of Paraguay out here. Saltos, another border city on the border of Brazil, is in my zone and we are going to be going out there to visit District meetings and things so I'm super excited. All in all life is good, and the rest of my mission is really looking up, I love you all so much, I know this work is true and that Jesus Christ is our Savior, love ya all, Elder Adamson V

1 comment: