Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 8 in Paraguay

So there isn´t really a lot to say about the work this week because not really a whole lot happened, we really don´t have very many people right now and I really don´t have tons of time to write this email because so many people wrote me this week, I wrote back to everyone but Bert and Liz, I promise I´ll get you one next week, its just that I want to write back in Spanish and it takes a little bit of time with the typing because I´m not to used to it yet, but you are first on the list next week and you got a little shout out in this letter so I think that is almost even better.
Last week we had zone conference and Elder Dennis had to go into Asuncion a day early for a different conference because he is a district leader so I was with Elder Gumiel for one day. He is an Elder from the south of Argentina that is actually going home with me, so we are both kind of new and the day was super fun. Anyway, the big part of the week was zone conference, it was a super awesome experience for me and it was a lot of fun too. Because we are out of our area when we go in for zone conference it ends up being the whole day because our bus doesn´t leave back to Pedro Juan until 10pm. Zone conference ends at 4pm so we get to hang out at the office for most of the day. I got to meet my brother in the mission too, Elder Spencer, the other missionary that Elder Dennis trained. He is a pretty crazy guy, really funny and stuff. The really cool part at zone conference was just the spirit there and being able to feel the inspiration our President has. One of my great experiences on my mission was the interview I was able to have with President. I was feeling kind of bad going in because I really felt like there is more I could be doing here. I walked into the interview and President Wade just starts by saying how special I am and how many gifts and blessings I have that will help in my missionary work. He said that he was talking to his wife about how I have a maturity greater than a lot of missionaries and how I just know the importance of this work and how great of a blessing that is. Then he said there is a quote about Michael Jordan that says he was talented enough to be complacient, but he abhorred the thought of wasting his talent. I said, "That is exactly how I feel and that I have been complacient." and then he just said, "Elder, you know what you have to do don´t you," and then he explained some things to me. It was so powerful because I know how blessed I am and I really feel like I have kind of been too complacient (I don´t even know if I´m spelling that right) but I promise that I am going to start to be a little more bold, actually a lot more bold, so that this work can move forward and so that we can get the goals that we have been asked to have and blessed to be able to achieve. I love you all and I am so grateful for your help in this work. Mom the letter was exactly what I needed and I am so grateful that you are inspired to know what I need. I love this work and the time is going by too fast. Love you all and remember the Lord loves you too, Elder Ryan Adamson

1 comment: