Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 9 in Paraguay

So today I have officially been in Paraguay longer than I was in the Mission Training Center, in Provo, Utah. This is such a crazy thought to me. I can´t even believe how fast the time is going now. This last week went by super fast and we got a lot of work done. We still have so much to do for our Branch, but it is growing little by little.
I forgot to put in my last letter we finally moved into our new house. We have other missionaries living with us too, Elder Brazier and Elder Gumiel, from California and the south ite of Argentina.
This week we did a lot of divisions and we got tons of new investigators and a lot of work done. We found this one girl who has gone to church before and always reads and does everything she is asked. She may just be the last baptism Elder Dennis has on his mission. We found a few other people too that seem pretty interested, but we have been going through investigators pretty fast. It is still hard and for the 3rd week in a row now we didn´t have any investigators in church. We have been, however, reaching our goals for total attendance and this last Sunday we had 22 in church, right on track to have 40 in church by the end of the change on February 14, your anniversary! (Dad and Mom's 35th wedding anniversary) Anyway, this week I am really going to work on being one with Elder Dennis. He has been thinking a lot about going home, but we are trying to stay focused on the work.
I´ll just end with this little spiritual experience I had walking down the road the other day. So it was nightime already and the sky was super clear and right now down here you can see Orion really well so I looked up to try and find it. I found these three stars that looked like they could be Orion's belt and then I realized as I looked around it that it wasn´t Orion, just some imposter belt. I then looked around the sky again and found the real Orion and right as I was thinking about how profound this experience was and I could make a story out of this experience, a shooting star shot right through Orion, the real one. It was funny to me that if I had focused too long on the thing that seemed to be right, but really had no substance around it, I would have missed the beautiful shooting star. I know we need to focus on what matters most and make sure it is the real thing, because Satan is going to try to trick us into thinking something is good or right when it really is just an imposter belt that catches our eyes. This was a special little spiritual experience I had the other night. I hope I can start talking about some more investigators and such next week. I love you all and I am so grateful for all you do for me while I´m out here, Love Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment