Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 25 in Paraguay Change 4 Week 6

Hey Family! All is well and moving along here in Paraguay, we will be getting changes either today or tomorrow so next week for sure I`ll be able to tell you all about how it is going to go down. I really am hoping that I am going to be able to just stay in this area, I really don`t think I am leaving, but there are some that do, so it kind of worries me, but just because I love the members here so much and we have a lot of baptisms coming up really soon. It was really nice to talk to you yesterday. I was kind of scared when we started and the connection was being wierd, but it all turned out well. We`ve now started the longest amount of time in my whole life I will go without talking to you, my family, but you don`t have to worry about that, and good thing I left when I did because I only have to do the Mother`s day to Christmas wait once in my mission, it won`t be too bad.

The mission has been awesome lately, I am really starting to feel the blessings of the Lord in my mission. I have really been trying lately to focus a lot more on relying on the Lord, I read something in Preach My Gospel this week that really stuck out to me, that every missionary should start each day and pray for Heavenly Father to fill their mouths with the things they need to say, and that is not only applying to the language but to everything we do. I started to do that and I have really seen a change here, I am more confident and I am more receptive to the power of the Holy Spirit and the power of the priesthood that I carry. It has been hard for me lately, and I haven`t really exactly figured out why, but I think I have figured out again what makes it easier, completely relying on the Lord instead of in yourself. It has made such a difference just having that attitude. I love the work, I love the area, and I love the members a whole lot more since I have started doing that and now we are going to be baptizing a lot more.

Our typical work day here has kind of gone like this, we leave the house and work to lunch, eat at a members house, work till about 3-4 and then we do a division and work with a Paraguayan until about 7-8, then we finish off the night at a members house working to get references. I feel like I`m hardly ever with my companion and I`m really just comps with the members of our ward. We have been getting so much help with work and food it doesn`t seem at all like the same area everyone tells us about. San Lorenzo Centro, the area we are in, was closed for over 4 months because the missionaries here weren`t getting help from members and only baptized 3 people last year. It seems like the members are very cooperative and everyone wants to help us so they don`t lose us again. Now six weeks in the area we are going to baptize the same amount that they baptized all last year, and it is all because the members are working so hard.

Anyway, everything here is as tranquilo as ever, don`t really have much to say today, I think we pretty much went over everything yesterday, I really loved your experience mom about the dream you had. The Paraguayan people are all about dreams, a lot of people in their conversion stories here found out if it was true through a dream, and a lot more tell us they won`t go to church until they get a dream. This one lady in Pedro Juan we went to that had investigated the church before told us that she even had a dream where Jesus Christ came to her and told her that if she read the Book of Mormon her brother in the hospital would be healed, I don`t know why, but she never read it, she had a very Catholic mother that really did not like us, but she was older than 20, so she could decide for herself. We dropped her for a little while and then went back after a couple weeks to see how she was and she told us her brother had died in the hospital and that she still hadn`t read the Book of Mormon. That is a sadder story. Being down here has made me think a lot more about dreams and how our Heavenly Father can use them, so I really did enjoy your experience, it made me think a lot about the Paraguayans and their dreams.
Anyway, I love you all and I was so happy to talk to you yesterday, I love this gospel and I know its true, with all my heart, and I am so happy to share it with other people, I love you all, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment