Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 27 in Paraguay Change 5 Week 2

Hey, so sorry again, I don`t have tons of time, but I have a lot of important things to say, so this is going to be a jam packed letter of just awesome stuff, ready? Hey Family! How is everything going back home? It sounds like everyone is going to be pretty busy in the coming up months.
First things first, we had another baptism! And it was another super cool one because it was our ward mission leaders sister. It is always super awesome when you teach and baptize someone that has had a family member that they have been trying to share the gospel with them for a long time. He said that there have been a lot of missionaries that have tried to teach her, but she has problems talking. She is almost mute, so it is really hard to understand what she is saying. She doesn`t know how to read, so he said that missionaries usually would teach her once or twice and get frustrated and drop her. She is one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. It was really great to see him have the chance to baptize her and confirm her on Sunday.
Secondly, the mission office is moving locations to a safer part of the city to avoid incidents like what happened about two changes ago with the armed robbery, so I now have a new mission address for letters and packages, it is:
My Name
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
AsunciĆ³n Paraguay
Also, my ward mission leader has been trying for some time to get into BYU to study, he has good enough grades to get in and that kind of thing, he just doesn`t really understand the process, he would be a transfer student from a University here named UCSA (Universidad del Cono Sur de las Americas). The application says that even international students have to take the ACT and SAT, but I don`t understand how they could do that here. Anyway, if you could mom, just send an email or call someone with those questions and try to figure out what has to be done and how he can take those tests, that would be great, he would try to get in to study the same time Justin would be going there, so he has some time.
And the last thing, I am going to take out about $65 today, I got a big discount on some scripture covers that are hand painted and customized so I took the offer and placed an order, and I want to buy a sweater the zone lejos made as a recuerdo to remember Pedro Juan, and I can get all three, two scripture cases and a sweater, for $65 so I`m going to take the money out today, hopefully that is okay. Anyway, I love all of you so much, sorry I don`t have more to say, and for a nice spiritual thought, here is what I just sent to my mission president that I was thinking about today,
So another quick week has gone by really fast here in San Lorenzo, but a little more of a slow one. We did have the opportunity again to baptize, for the third week in a row, which has made both Edler Williamson and I very happy. It has been fun helping out Elder Job and Elder Ventura also. We are trying to get all of the members we have to help out, now that we have two sets of Elders in the ward, instead of just the ones that always helped us last change. I feel like this change I have already learned a lot more and grown from even where I was last change. It was a little hard at the beginning of this change, Elder Williamson and I have always got along really great and for some reason at the beginning of this change we just seemed to have some differences about every little thing, but I think now we have been able to work through that and come back more to the common ground we were on before. I had been thinking a lot about what had been happening this change and what my dad had sent me to try and teach me this last Monday about Nephi 4 and how it applies to Ether 12:27 and he presented a question that maybe humility is the gate to receiving Redemption. I was thinking a lot about this and one day sharing 2 Nephi 31 to put a baptismal date, it kind of was made a lot clearer to me. We will be judged by our obedience and receive redemption according to our obedience to the gospel, but the reason Christ was perfect and perfectly obedient is because he was first perfectly humble, He knew He had his choice and gave it up because He knew that the Father`s plan was perfect and would be the best for all mankind, and because He was humbled to see that, He was perfectly obedient to the Father`s commandment, including the command to be raised on the cross. Anyway, that is something that I figured out this week and something I want to really focus on, being more obedient to receive the blessing, but doing it by being humble in pray and doing exactly as Heavenly Father would want. I love you President and I am so thankful for all that you do, I`m looking forward to this next zone conference, love ya, Elder Ryan Adamson
Love you all, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment