Monday, May 31, 2010

Week 28 in Paraguay Change 5 Week 3 Burnt Head

Hey Family! I completely forgot today is Memorial Day, I really hope things clear up for you up there and you can have an awesome time for the holiday. Sounds like things have been pretty busy back home with Bert's family and Joe's family coming and going, keep having fun and don`t make things to hectic...

Anyway, things are still going good here in San Lorenzo, we had a little bit of a slower week, but I think we are going to bounce back well and get back rolling so we can get Elder Willy some more baptisms before he goes home. I can hardly believe how fast the time is going, we are already halfway through the change, but we don`t have very many progressing investigators, we have hit a little bit of a slow point. Anyway, so what happened is this week on Tuesday I started feeling a little sick, but we worked the whole day and then I went to bed, woke up in the morning and the first thing I did was throw up, then I called the Hermana Wade (President Wade`s wife) and then went right back to bed, we left on time and everything still that day, went to a service project, had one lesson, ate lunch, and my companion told me I didn`t look good and we went back home. Then Thursday and Friday we worked all day and then Friday night we did a little division and I was with our ward mission leader and we were at the church to end the division, we went upstairs to his office, because he is also the stake secretary and I had to use the bathroom, and outside all the bathrooms are these water filter things that heat and cool the water to drink, so it has two little levers, exactly like what we had in our home in New York. Here it is just hooked up to the buildings water like a sink would be, but the water has little levers just like what we had in New York. The hot water here is set to 80 degrees Celsius (176 degrees F) so the people can drink their Mate, the stuff that Gary always talked about in Argentina. Anyway, I was thirsty and there weren`t any cups so I stuck my head down to drink and my forehead hit the hot side, and anyway, to make a long story short, I burnt my head pretty bad. I have a patch of pretty much just raw flesh about an inch wide and two inches long on one side of my forehead. That happened Friday night, right about nine at night, and then Saturday morning my companion had to go into Asuncion to get an ingrown toenail removed and it turned out that Hermana Wade had to come to our church in the morning, to drop off President so she called us and offered to give us a ride. President sees me and he gives me a hug and then just looks at my head and asks me,
"What happened?". I told him I burnt my head with hot water. He looked at me kind of confused and just asked, "How did you get water all the way up there?".
Anyway, was by far not the smartest thing I have ever done, but it has been giving something to talk to people about lately. All the missionaries get a good laugh out of it, and I don`t think it is the end of it yet because this Wednesday I have zone conference and we have it with two other zones. It is actually the last zone conference I`ll have with President Wade, because the new President from Argentina is coming in next change. Anyway, that is pretty much the story of last week, was a little slow yesterday and Saturday because my companion can`t really walk because he got his ingrown toenail taken out. What happened is he tried taking it out himself a bunch of times and it just kept on getting worse and it was so deep the Doctor actually had to go into the skin a little to get the nail all the way out, and I got to watch the whole thing with a front row seat with orange juice. Anyway, so my companion couldn`t really work the last two days and we had some trouble getting divisions at the last minute, so I wasn`t even able to get full days in either, but hopefully he will be all set to work tomorrow and we can get things rolling again like they were. Anyway, I think that is about all I am going to have time for, I love you all and I am so thankful for all you are doing back home for me, love Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment