Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 72 in Paraguay Change 12 Week 5

It's a good thing no one really wrote me and I didn't have to read too much because this week was probably one of the most eventful weeks in all of my mission, I won't say the most eventful, but it was sure a kicker. It went by so fast I couldn't even believe it, it was so eventful I'm going to have to go through it day by day:
Tuesday, 29 March 2011
So on Tuesday I went on a division with Elder Jolley I had had plan for a little while. Elder Jolley is one of the District leaders in the zone. His companion was really sick, so Elder Juhasz, my companion, went to his house and stayed with him all day while Elder Jolley was with me in my area. We got a call in the morning from a less active member for us to come over and give him a blessing of health so he could get better from this sickness he had had for about 2 weeks. I went out there with Elder Jolley and we gave him the blessing, it was a really spiritual experience because as I was giving the blessing I felt a distinct impression to bless him that he would be able to go back to church. I knew he worked on Sunday and they are pretty poor, so I kind of pushed the feeling aside and didn't say it, then I really just couldn't think of anything to say and the impression was stronger to bless him that he and his family could go back to church, so I blessed him he would be able to attend church again with all of his family. After I finished the blessing we sat down and talked for a little bit and he said that he had been thinking a lot about going back to church and that his sickness he felt was a sign that he should start going back to church with his family. He collects money for a business as a living, he just goes from house to house collecting money, so he said it would take a few weeks, but he is going to go around and tell his clients that he is going to go on Saturdays instead of Sundays to collect all the money he usually collects on Sunday so he can start going to church. We talked to him about conference and he told us he would go on Saturday with his family (because he still had to work Sunday) and he showed up, and it actually turned out better anyway that he went on Saturday instead of Sunday because of what happened on Sunday, which I will write later in the letter.
Wednesday, 30 March 2011
So Wednesday I was finally able to do the division with Elder Levos in the office. I was with Elder Juhasz working until about three in the afternoon and the two assistants showed up in the van. Elder Neyra stayed with Elder Juhasz and Elder Levos and I took off to work in Campo Grande. Every Tuesday I talk to President at night to talk about the zone and discuss things we can improve and concrns, so I told him I would be coming in for the division and we agreed to have a quick interview in the office on Wednesday. When Elder Levos and I got there I went in and had a great interview with President about a few things and he gave me this 24 page article to read entitled Becoming the Fourth Missionary, it talks about 4 different types of missionaries and it is super good. It was written by a mission president in Chile a while ago who is a seventy now and it is so good, it has really helped me put things in focus and change my view and teachings. Anyway, Elder Levos was reading it too and we talked about it pretty much the whole day, we had a great division, we went over a lot of things, but the best part was that we were finishing the division in the morning. I got to sleep at the office house, so Elder Levos and I ordered Mexican food from Papagos, something I've wanted to do for a really long time, and we enjoyed a nice night talking to some mission buddies kicking it at the office house. I felt so good after the division, it was like President, Elder Levos, and just the division in general helped me just take a second to sharpen the saw like Mom likes to say and really see the solutions to things I wasn't quite doing well with the zone and with my area. It was a super successful and fun day.
Thursday, 31 March 2011
So Wednesday night I had convinced all the office Elders that we would play soccer Thursday morning for excercises because the thing by far I miss the most right now is just playing sports, so I woke everyone up at six, we got in the van and went to the church to play soccer, we played until about 6:50 and went home to get ready and study. All of my study time I spent reading the article and finished it so to be able to talk about some things with Elder Levos on the car ride home, it is such an amazing article. I really want Justin to read it before he goes on his mission, I don't have too much time to talk about what it says, but President said he is going to email it to the whole mission after we finish reading Preach My Gospel as a mission, which we started on Friday, so when I get it I'll send it off to you. Once I got back we planned our day and got ready to prepare people for conference because we were going to the temple on Friday so it was our last day to talk to people before conference. So we were working super hard, had some cool things happen and a lot of success, when I got a phone call from Elder Levos, SPECIAL CHANGES. So President has got some big plans for this change coming up because there were special changes in 11 companionships on Saturday, one being mine. I now have a new companion, you might remember him, his name is Elder Cambra, he was out in Pedro Juan with me at the beginning of my mission, not as my companion obviously but there close. He goes home in July, he went up to zone leader so now we are in a companionship as co-zone leaders. I'm training him on how to be a zone leader, and from the looks of it when real changes come around in about a week and a half, I should be leaving, but you never really know. Anyway, Elder Juhasz went to Zeballos Cue, a place in Asuncion, with Elder Canales from Chile, so hopefully the Spanish should be coming now, he'll be a good companion for him. So yeah, special changes happened and I have a new companion now, it is nice because he has a lot of time in the mission and we can really work together, it was just really unexpected, but that's how the mission is sometimes.
Friday, 1 April 2011
We went to the temple, it was so awesome, we kind of guessed wrong about how long it would take the bus and got there really early, so we got to do baptisms and confirmations before the session, I baptized Elder Juhasz and then he baptized me, our last day together we spent baptizing each other for the dead, it was actually a really nice experience. During the session I thought a lot about the Fourth Missionary and stuff, basically the idea is the difference between the law of sacrifice and the law of consecration, the need to consecrate your life to the Lord on your mission instead of just sacrificing it; it would make more sense if you could read the article, but it was a uplifting experience and I really learned a lot I'm going to be putting into practice.
Saturday, 2 April 2011
So Jorge was able to go to conference on Saturday, I don't know if I told you about him, I'll talk more about him next week just for lack of time, but the biggest news from Saturday came from the second session of conference, I don't know if you noticed, probably not, but we were all listening to it here, President Wade, my mission president that went home in July, was called as an area seventy, we all saw it coming, but it was so fun to hear it with all the other missionaries. We sit in a seprate room in the church to listen to conference in English, so it was just a room full of missionaries, and I have to admit it wasn't very reverent when we heard his name, we all were cheering, it was really fun.
Sunday, 3 April 2011
I'm running out of time, but just to make a long story short, Sunday was a disaster, the satelite lost its signal so we spent about the first hour of conference trying to figure out the problem, so many people just got up and left, and in the end they just decided to play a recording from the first Saturday session because pretty much no one went and the people didn't really even know the difference. So we went to a members house to watch the second session from the internet and we ended up watching the first and second session back to back, it was really long, and we had to watch it all in Spanish, but we were able to watch it at least, conference was amazing, I love conference.
Monday, 4 April 2011
Today we spent all day cleaning and rearranging the house, it is so awesome now, but we still have a lot to do, the house is so big, I'll have to make a video of it after we finish getting it nice. Anyway, all out of time, I'm glad to hear you liked the gift, it's my pride and joy of the office, hope you liked the Bonus Track, I love you all so much, have a great time in Utah, Love Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment