Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 73 in Paraguay Change 12 Week 6 Dog Bite

I didn't realize Tiffany was already having her baby, I knew she was pregnant, but I didn't realize she was already so far along, that's so exciting! I'm sure she didn't even mind feeling it all now that she's here; the girls are taking over Scott's house, tell them congratulations for me!
This week went by sooo fast, I can't believe how fast the time is going by now. Elder Cambra and I are doing great together, we've known each other pretty much the whole mission, so we've been pretty good friends, and we're already having a blast. He's the one that was in Yby Yau from San Francisco while I was in Pedro Juan , He was in the same stake as my MTC companion Elder Mitchell, small world right? I would have never expected that we would be companions, but it's kind of a nice surprise. He has more time on the mission than I do. He goes home the first week in July, and we just got changes yesterday, we are staying together for the next 6 weeks, which means it is probably going to be my last 6 weeks in Aratiri logically speaking, because if we stay together another change I would have to stay here until August because Elder Cambra is going home in July or Elder Cambra would have to go somewhere else for the last 6 weeks of his mission, both of which don't seem very probable, but you really never know what could happen, stuff like that has happened before, so I'm just going to keep working like I'm staying here forever.
Well, this week was such a fast week I don't really know what to say. There were some big health news stories, first of which, my companion got pink eye, and still does, so I've been super cautious about touching my eyes and my companion. He's had it for about 3 days now though and I haven't got it yet so I think I'm doing a pretty good job. Bigger news though, I got bit by a dog, it's South America so I figured before the end of my mission it would happen, but my whole mission I have always just told myself I never want to get bit by a dog, and this week it finally happened. We went to this house to do a contact and the dog came out to the fence barking at us, but once it got to us, just like all the other NICE dogs, it stopped barking, put its paws up on the fence and started wagging its tail like it was all right around us. Now, just to put in a little disclaimer before I say what happened next, Paraguayan dogs are super lazy, it seems, so they always come running at you barking and then they stop and just let you do what you want, so you can pet them and what not, so when this dog did that I thought it was like any other dog I see everyday, so I started petting its head just like I do with every other dog and it got me good. When it bit me it only got my index finger, but when I pulled it away there was blood everywhere and I thought it had got my whole hand, right when it happened I really couldn't feel anything, it didn't hurt at all. No one came out of the house so we just went to the next house and showed them I got bit by a dog and they helped us dress it and clean it, just some random strangers, we were able to teach them a quick lesson and then I called the mission presidents wife. So it turned out that since my bite was above the waist and I didn't know the dog, I had to go in the same day and get a rabies shot just in case, so I got a rabies shot and they told me to watch the dog and if it dies within the next 10 days it had rabies. So we have gone back to the home with the dog and talked to the owner, they had the certificate that the dog had been vaccinated and to make me feel better they told me the dog had already bit them and nothing happened to them... I'm going to attached some photos of my finger. My companion was studying to be a doctor before his mission and he liked looking at my bite because he said it was cool because they were puncture wounds, which means the dogs teeth weren't strong enough to break the skin on their own, but the skin broke because of straight force and pressure. The bruise from the bite was worse than the actual cut.
Anyway, some good news with the little time left, we had 3 investigators in church yesterday and we are finding a lot of new people to teach. Wow, I don't have any time left, I took way too much time on that bite story, but anyway, I'm going to attach the pictures of the baptisms I had with Elder Juhasz, I love you all so much, thank you so much for everything you do, can't wait to talk to you in a couple weeks! Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment