Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 74 in Paraguay Change 13 Week 1

Sounds like everything is a little crazy back home, babies, heart attacks, settle down and just wait a little longer! Well, this week was one of the hardest weeks of my mission work wise, but Elder Cambra and I are working hard and it really isn't even that frustrating. We are being super diligent, too. We have a few people that are progressing pretty good right now. We have been working a lot with references from members and things like that. One member gave us a reference for this less active family that no one has visited for a really long time, so we went to see them and there is a 9 year old boy in the house that has never been baptized and a 17 year old guy that is the brother in law of the mom of the family that went to church with us and is getting ready to get baptized. It looks like the next couple of baptisms we'll be having should be right before the phone call on Mother's day. Speaking of which, when would be the best time for us to do the call? I'm thinking we will probably just be using skype, but I still don't really want to use the video, that way it will be so much cooler in September when I see all of you for the first time. I'm only going to write two more times after this before the call so I guess we better start setting up some kind of time, when do you go to church on Sunday?
Life is pretty good right now, my finger is almost completely healed already, but I think it will leave a scar, so I'll be able to show you all when I get home. The bite hasn't really changed my door approaches, but I do trust dogs a lot less now, my comp always makes fun of me because of it, but you never really do know which ones are the nice ones. There are so many dogs here, everywhere, but the ones in the street aren't too bad, the one that bit me was behind a fence.
I'm glad to hear that Dad is doing better now, I can't wait to talk to all of you on Mother's day, make sure you all hold out until then at least. I had a little bit of a scare today too, we were cleaning up our house really nice and neat to make a video because this house is probably the nicest house in the mission, I'll have to send you the video. I was cutting the back yard with a machete, just like any normal Paraguayan, but it was super hot and I went to cut something and the machete flew out of my hand, hit the metal bars on one of our windows and flew back and sliced my leg, I know, it sounds pretty serious right now, but really I didn't even realize what had happened at first I didn't feel anything, so I started cutting some things again and I started to feel it, I looked down and there was blood all over my lower leg, but don't worry, we have it all cleaned up and it wasn't anything deep enough for stitches, like I said, my companion was studying to be a doctor and he patched me up pretty good, its going to leave a good scar though.
Anyway, I don't have too much to say about what happened this week, my companion and I went on an avocado craze, we had 21 avocados, and big ones too, and made a whole lot of guacamole. Monserrath, the little girl that just got baptized, moved to Argentina to live with her mom who is not a member, I was worried about that, I just didn't think it would happened this fast, I thought she would at least stay until November to finish school. Other big news I almost forgot, we had another big training meeting, this time with Elder Foster, a seventy and the second councilor of the area presidency here, he talked to us all about working with members and how we can get to the point of us helping members do the missionary work to get more baptisms and be more effective in our efforts. It is the next little step of what we need here to get back where we were. Speaking of where we were, I found out that President Wade was made a seventy over the Utah South Area, so I can still see him when I get back home, I was worried he was going to get sent somewhere far away and we wouldn't be able to go and see him, but he's still just going to be in his house in Saint George. Did you hear his name at Conference?
Well, that's about it, I love my companion, I love the work, and I love this gospel, the time is moving along super quick now, I almost can't believe it, I'll talk to you all in 3 weeks! Love, Elder Adamson V

P.S. I sent the Mission deferment a week before I sent one to you, so once you get one in the mail BYU should have gotten one a week before that. I love you all soooooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment