Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 82 in Paraguay Change 14 Week 3

First off, that's a little bit trunky to get my flight plans, don't worry, it doesn't effect me much, but I'm just saying, it's getting pretty close! Anyway, this week was a pretty great week. Elder Felix and I had a little bit of a scare with our investigators, but everything has been settled and things are back on track for the wedding this week. We are teaching this lady named Liz who is the pareja of a member (I really can't figure out how to say that in English, sorry) and they are going to be getting married this week. She and her daughter are going to be getting baptized. We had a big scare on Tuesday, we went over to their house and Liz was there alone and a lot of their things were gone, so I asked her where all the things went and she told me that she got in a fight with Edgar and he moved out. At first I honestly thought she was joking, but then we sat down and talked about it and it turned out Edgar got upset because Liz was sick because of all the family problems she has and they were giving her a lot of stress, and Edgar couldn't take her always taking care of her parents and siblings and neglecting their family, so he took off. It was probably one of the saddest lessons I have ever had on the mission, it was so dissapointing. So Elder Felix and I fasted (well, the truth is we fast every week here for the Branch so we will be able to help fix some of the problems, but this time we fasted for Edgar and Liz) and we were able to have some really spiritual lessons with them and help them work through the problems and they are happy together again. The work here is amazing, there are so many problems here, but somehow we find ways to work through them and help members and find investigators and have people in church, it is so awesome seeing the Lord's hand in the work here. I love it soo much. I am so grateful to be on a mission, I have been learing so much even just since I've been here in SantanĂ­. I know without a doubt that this work is true, I know the Lord is guiding and protecting us and helping us with the work here. I love you and I am so thankful for your support, sorry I don't have very much time again, I love you all, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment