Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 89 in Paraguay Change 15 Week 4

Santaní is really teaching me a lot about hard work and dedication, we are finally starting to see a lot of good things happen here and it is because of the work that we are putting into it. I don't think I have ever fasted more in my life, I really am gaining a testimony about the power of a fast. When I got here Elder Felix told me they had been fasting once a week for Santaní, for the members and for the work, he invited me to join him and I gladly accepted. Each week we think of a specific thing that would help the work and we fast for it, and we are really seeing the miracles. A lot has changed in Santaní just since I got here, pretty much everything but the church attendance, but now I think the leaders are really ready now to help people come back to church. All the active members are finally learning to visit people and the work is really moving forward. Yesterday there weren't that many people in church because it rained pretty hard, and you know how Paraguayans are when it rains, but it really is going a lot better and I think soon we will be seeing changes here. I love the mission so much, I don't know if I'm going to want to go home when the time comes, I mean I could easily go another two years without seeing the family... No, that really would be the only reason I would want to go back. Right now we are in the terminal again in Asunción, we just had zone leader council at President's house and we are going to be heading back to Santaní pretty soon. The next couple weeks we are going to be going out doing a lot of divisions with the zone to help people out, the zone is really not doing to well right now, so I talked to President today about what we could do and presented him the idea and he thought it was a good idea to travel the both of us, Elder Felix and I, to do divisions in one day with more than one companionship because of the distance we have to travel. So this week I'm going to go out to Puente Kyha and Elder Felix to La Paloma, and then next week we are both going out to Saltos because there are two companionships there. It's going to be pretty fun, but we have to work super hard too though. We want to leave a real good impression with the missionaries to help them work a little bit harder from now on. Anyway, as for our investigators, we are finding some really cool new people recently, the girl that had fecha for the 13th didn't go to church because of the rain, she is still pretty solid though. We just have to check on some things because she has a boyfriend, and it doesn't matter how old you are, here in Paraguay we all know what that means, so we moved her fecha yesterday to the 20th, so she can still go to church two more times before her baptism. Anyway, things are going great really, I am really happy, I saw a lot of old mission buddies today at concilio and we sat and talked for a while, it was a lot of fun, but don't worry, I'm focused, I'm feeling the spirit a lot everyday, and just all around I'm happy, its a funny thing because I don't think I have ever been so tired or worked so hard my entire life, but I really am super happy, I love you all so much, I can't wait to see you at the end of next month... Love you! Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment