Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 92 in Paraguay Change 16 Week 1

Well, one more week has gone by in Paraguay, I can't believe how fast time goes, I woke up a little early today before the alarm went off and I just sat there thinking and I started to think about all my old roommates from BYU, and it hit me that every single one of them are home now, pretty much everyone I know that left is home now, they're all just waiting for me now, and now officially I am in the oldest group of missionaries in the mission, we are the next ones to go home. It's really exciting, but the truth is it's a pretty sad thought, Santaní is really starting to get going now and we haven't had any baptisms yet, the members are so excited and it looks like things are really going to blow up here, right as I'm about to go. We have so many people we are working with and each one of them are so close to getting baptized, but they are just have these little doubts, but we are getting through it, we have been bringing so many people to church and they just aren't committing to baptism. It's a little frustrating because throughout my whole mission in every other area if I brought a person to church more than once they got baptized, but here we have some investigators that have gone to church multiple times and still don't want to make a commitment. I really think we'll be having some in September though. We are working with some couples to try and get them married, two couples specifically and in both couples the wife is already a member, so we are trying to get them married and the husband baptized. We are really close with one of them, but they don't speak hardly any Spanish, I try to teach them with my broken Guaraní, but they don't understand much, but members have really been helping a lot with that. I have been learning so much Guaraní here to try and teach people. I told you about Cintia, well she still hasn't missed a Sunday since she first went with us and we are trying to baptize her mom. She doens't speak much Spanish either. She has been my motivation to learn Guaraní. I really want to be able to see her baptized, she went to church with us the week before last, but yesterday she went to her old church again, so we are going to keep working on that. Her daughter bore her testimony in the testimony meeting she went to and I think that really helped her a lot. She said she had a dream that she went out working with us one day and was teaching the gospel with us, she told us before that she would pray and seek an answer if she should get baptized, so I thought she was telling me about the dream because she thought it was an answer. So I asked her, "You're going to get baptized now then, right?" and she just said that in the dream we didn't say anything about baptism, that we were just talking about God, so it has been pretty frustrating, but I think I will be able to see her baptized, hopefully. It's going to take a lot of faith, but it will help Cintia out soo much, she cried and cried when we told her that one of us was going to leave at changes, and then we got changes and we're staying together. Oh yeah, I didn't tell you yet, Elder Felix and I are still together, it looks like he might be my last companion, but he has been here a really long time so we are thinking there might be a special change before changes. We'll see. Anyway, out of time, I don't know how that happened. Anyway, as for the airport stuff, being able to my sister in Atlanta, I'm sure I can leave and I don't need a comp, I'm flying to spokane alone and I always travel alone here. I'll ask my mission president, but I'm sure it won't be a problem as long as I don't leave the airport. I'm just a little worried about making flights, I only have an hour and 40 minute layover in Atlanta and I have to go through customs because I'm coming into the country on that flight, in Utah it might be easier, I already sent a letter to Andrea asking her to see if she could get permission to pass security in Atlanta, we get permission here, but I don't know if its going to be the same in the states. I love you all so much, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment