Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 93 in Paraguay Change 16 Week 2

Mba'echapa che familiakuéra? Asrivíhina pe carta katu peikuaa haguâ la ohasáhina che vídape ko'anga. Aipota otermina haguâ che misión Santanípe. Che a'aprendese guaraníme gui, a'aprende chupe hasyeterei! Well, there's a little bit of jopará for all of you, I'm learning Guaraní, but I really don't know how to speak it all that well. The people here don't really either, they just speak what they call Jopará, which is a mix of Guaraní and Spanish. For all you that speak Spanish you can see the Spanish in what I wrote. I wrote, "How are you my family? I'm writing this letter so you can know what is happening in my life right now. I want to finish my mission in Santaní. I'm learning Guaraní, but learning it is really hard!" It's coming along, but the progress is slow and time is really winding down fast. I still don't speak it well enough to hold a conversation, but I can teach simple things, like prayer and things like that, it really helps to get into houses, everyone loves someone that speaks Guaraní. I'm kind of sad that I've never really been anywhere they speak Guaraní a lot until now. It would have been nice to be where I'm at now before I got here and go off of that, but what can you do, I've been and I'm at exactly where the Lord wanted and wants me to be. Speaking of which, President gave us a little heads up that there are going to be a lot of special changes this next week to get ready for the real changes, because changes this time is going to be really crazy. Luckily I'm not in the office anymore to take care of that, in this change when I go home and the last change combined there were 46 new missionaries, which means 46 new trainers because trainers have to stay with the greenie for two changes, and 18 zone leaders went home, which means in just two changes there is going to have to be 46 new trainers, 18 new zone leaders, and the mission has to open 5 new areas, that is a lot of weight on a lot of young missionaries and a lot of stress for a Mission President, so he wants to do a lot of the moving people around next week, which means there is a good chance Elder Felix might leave. Of course we don't know, but I've got the office Elder blood and it's always fun to speculate and think about who will be going up and who is going to be leaving their area. But anyway, that probably doesn't interest you much, the real news of the week is that we moved houses, we are living now on the second story of a really nice place that is a lot cheaper than where we were at before, some members showed us the place and we have known for a while that our old owner was charging us way too much and taking advantage because we were American, so when they showed us how nice the new place is and told us the price we accepted and moved. It worked out really well too because we are right at the end of the month so we have two houses until Wednesday and we have the big zone conference with Elder Arnold tomorrow, so the Assistants are going to stay in our old house tonight. My interview with the Area President will be tomorrow during lunch, 66 people are going to be in the conference, among which there will be 8 zone leaders, all the other missionaries are going to a restaurant to eat lunch while the 8 of us stay at the church alone with President Arnold to eat and have interviews. It's just a little intimidating but I'm really excited, it will be a really great opportunity to have the interview with a General Authority. He gave a conference talk either last year or 2009 if you want to look him up to see who he is, he is one of the most powerful men I have ever heard speak, he's the one that came back in March. It should be fun. His full name is Mervyn B. Arnold if you want to look that up, it was a great talk. Anyway, I'm out of time, the time on P-day always goes by way too fast, but I love you all sooo much. Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment