Saturday, January 1, 2011

Week 59 in Paraguay Change 10 Week 3 Happy New Year!

How is the cold there? It is so hot here, I’m starting to get a little scared to be leaving the office right now right when it is so hot outside, I’ve had it really good in here in the air conditioning, maybe I’ll get send back to Pedro Juan or something where it isn’t so hot and I’ll be saved. I guess we’ll only see with a little more time. First things first, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I’ve been thinking a lot today about what I could make my new year’s resolution and I really can’t think too much in anything, but I promise before the end of the day I’ll come up with something to try a stick to. This last week went by so fast I really don’t even know what to talk about. I was thinking this morning too about how fast the year went by. I can’t even believe it’s 2011 already. Anyway, the biggest change, as you probably all know, is that my replacement is in the office, his name is Elder Sterner and he is from Pocatello, Idaho. The interesting part of the whole thing is that he has a change more than me in the mission, which means still, with more than 15 months in the mission, I have never had a companion with less time than me in the mission, or younger than me, weird right? And, from what is sounds like from President and the assistants, I’ll be leaving the office as a zone leader and I’ll be trained to be a zone leader first, which means my next companion will also most likely have more time in the mission than me. I’m having a hard time today focusing on my letter. I’ve been working with Elder Lombardo lately, I pretty much became the unannounced assistant once my replacement came in, Elder Morrill, one of the assistants, had to go out to work in Pedro Juan for three weeks because of some special changes that happened so Elder Lombardo is alone as assistant in the office, so I’ve been going out with him every night. It’s almost like I’ve already switched areas, except on Sunday I’m going to church in Campo Grande, but I’m not even really connected to the area anymore. I really kind of feel like a sitting duck in the office, I just study and do random things all day, I made the whole mission secretary training program so what I’m doing is having Elder Sterner just try and do everything by himself and then when he has problems I help him. Then I change the mission secretary training program to fix what he couldn’t have done by himself. So I’m really just kind of waiting to get Elder Sterner trained which he is mostly doing through the mission secretary training program President asked me to create, and I am waiting to be sent to a mission area and being a regular missionary again, I’m really excited.

New Years this year turned out to be really fun and exciting, President asked us to come over to eat with him and his family, so we got to meet all of his children and their spouses, or fiancés in one case, and it took me right home. It felt just like I was eating dinner and hanging out with the family again, he invited us over for 8:00 and we didn’t leave until 10:50, technically we were supposed to be in bed by 10:30, but I guess it was justified seeing as how we were with President. We ate a big dinner and then President had his kids sing for us and we all sang hymns together to bring in the New Year. Their family is so great and they remind me so much of our family, not to mention that the husband of President’s oldest daughter is just like Dave, they even look alike, he served his mission in Chile, works, in a roundabout way, in real estate, and, if you can believe it, his name is David. The only real difference is that he was born and raised in Argentina, but that doesn’t even make that much of a difference because he speaks perfect English, as does pretty much the entire family. The only one that doesn’t speak as well, ironically, was also the only one born in the United States while President was studying at BYU. So Año Nuevo passed by really well, today all the boys staying at President’s house all came over to play soccer with us, then we had McDonald’s for lunch and we are all just finishing up some things in the office.

Sorry if this email is a little short, I really can’t think of too much to say, it really has not been a very eventful week. I know the church is true and I know that this is the most important work here on this earth, I am so grateful to have a family that also knows that and supports me in my efforts here, with so much love, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment