Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 62 in Paraguay Change 10 Week 6

Hey Family, so today I'm going to start my first full week in the area with my son, my first son. (The new companion is not literally Ryan's son, remember earlier in the blog this is the way the missionaries remember relationships in the mission. As Ryan's first son, this means this is the first missionary Ryan has had an opportunity to train on his mission), I didn't think I was going to be able to carry on the family name, but it looks like President has given me a chance. The last week has been pretty fun. Last Sunday I went into the office, which means it has now been two weeks since I had a P-day, it just got completely skipped, but don't worry, I'm alright, anyway. I went in last Sunday. Monday I spent all day planning and training the new secretary so he would have everything down for the next few days. The new missionaries ended up coming a little late, so we had to move changes a day to Thursday, so Tuesday was a really off day with not much work, but then Wednesday and Thursday was all over the place and very busy. Wednesday we had to do many things with the new missionaries. Wednesday morning Elder Gage, my old companion that just went home last week, convinced President that the office Elders should have a chance to go to a temple session with the people going home instead of just the assistants. So he gave us permission to go with everyone, so I found out and for about 2 and a half hours was just planning how we would be able to work it all out, because there were a lot of things we had to do while they were going to be in the temple, because we have never gone in previous changes. I just planned and called people to see if they could come and help and I was just all over the place, and it finally all worked out. So we got to the temple and sat down in the session and people just kept on coming in and coming in and coming in for the session and there wasn't any room in the endowment room, the matron of the temple started to get nervous and President raised his hand and said, "We have eight office Elders here that don't have to be here" and so we all had to leave the session. It turned out to be better because we were sitting there and I was just thinking about how tired I was and how there was no way I would be able to make it through the whole session without falling asleep. Then we ended up having to leave the session and we got to do initiatories and help in the baptistery confirming people, so it ended up being a great time in the temple, then the temple workers let us go into the Celestial Room after the session was over to be with President and Hermana in the Celestial Room and see the missionaries going home. On Thursday I took the oldies to the airport and got out to the area with my son. My new companion is Elder Juhasz, he's from Preston Idaho, right where they filmed Napoleon Dynamite. He is a little quiet but he is a great kid and he's got a great testimony. We have been working really hard these last few days and he is working right into the missionary life and we're having a really good time. We took these last couple days to just really get to know the members and find out where they live. It has been pretty hard with only having been in the area for a short time, everyday I get lost, but somehow we always end up right where we need to go. It really is cool. I love the area, the members are great and have been super helpful. The people here are so easy to talk to and so open, when we are contacting we get into more than 50% of the houses we try. It has been a huge difference from the people in my last area, where everyone has doorbells and gates and big fences. Here the streets don't even have names.

To answer a few more of the questions you asked, I did get the Christmas package you sent on the Wednesday after Christmas, so it wasn't that bad at all, and I have already eaten everything that was in it, thank you so much. About the money, I'm just saving it for now because the dollar seems to be a little low right now and if I wait I can probably get more for the money. The dollar was at 5.000 guaranies and now it is down to 4.500, and I figured it went down a little because of Christmas and all the money that went out into the economy, so hopefully it will at least go up a little and then I'll use the money. I think I'm going to use the money to buy a few more recuerdos to take home, some little things to remember.

Anyway, when did Codi get pregnant? This is the first time anyone has told me that. If she is having the baby in September she must not be very far along at all, so I don't feel too bad. I only have 8 months left now so if anyone gets pregnant now I should be home when the baby is born. I haven't got a letter in the mail since last April and it would be kind of nice to hear a little bit about what is going on, but I'm working hard, I have to, I'm training now.

Oh, and about the Y, I'm just going to go back in January 2012, it'll be nice to make some money first before I go back, and I would have to come home early to start in September, which I could easily do, but I really don't want to, the only reason I would, would be to play flag football with Justin, and I don't think that is a good enough reason, plus I want to be there to apply for classes and majors and look into options and things and I don't want to worry about that here, so I've already decided I'm just going to wait until January 2012. By the way, no one has told me yet if Justin got into the Y, have you found out? Tell me when you know, anyway, I love you all so much, keep on being awesome, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment