Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 63 in Paraguay Change 11 Week 1

Hey Family, I don't have much time today because I want to try and write back everyone that has written me quick over the last 7 months. I have been terrible about writing some people back. We had an awesome week with some real miricles, at the beginning of the week I really didn't know what I was going to do with the area. I've never been a real senior companion before. I mean I was in the office, but we were both senior companions. So everything is on me now, mostly because my companion is brand new too, and the area had nothing. I contacted 121 people this last week, and my companion 50, so we have been working really hard to find people. On Tuesday we were finishing up the day going back to the house of a member that had left with us to teach someone and when we arrived, there was this 14 year old young man at the computer and the member told us we had to get him baptized. I was a little confused and then the kid just started going off about how he had read the Book of Mormon all the way through 3 Nephi already and how he wanted to get baptized next week, so we have been teaching him. He already knows everything, the missionaries started teaching him about 3 months ago and he stopped going to church because he had some problems with his family. He said when it was happening he wanted to get baptized, but he read this scripture that talked about patience and how sometimes we need to wait for blessings, and so he decided to stop going to church to let things settle out in his family. Now he talked to his family and they are all good with him getting baptized, he's gone to church the last two weeks in a row, and he's getting baptized this Sunday. It has truly been a miracle, also, we passed on that we didn't have any investigators in church last week, and throughout the week we found out that there were three investigators there, one being Miguel, the 14 year old young man that is getting baptized on Sunday, his sister, and another guy that is getting married soon to a member, so we have a few more things to work with now in the area. We also were able to find some really great people contacting during the week, one family we went to talked to us for about a 30 minute lesson and then at the end of the lesson invited to come eat lunch on Friday, which just happens to be the only day of the week that we don't have lunch from anyone. We went and we ate lunch and now we are teaching a really cool family. They weren't able to go to church yesterday because they said they wanted to wait to go to church as a family and one of them traveled last week, so they are all going to go together this week if all goes well. Anyway, it has been a great week, and I can't believe how fast the time has been going by, it just flies by. My companion is great too, it has been a little hard because he is having a lot of trouble with Spanish, but he's doing good, he's really worried about messing up, and I've been trying to get him to kind of get over that because a lot of times he's just scared to talk and doesn't say anything and the people don't think he understands anything when he actually is understanding a lot, he's just a little afraid to talk. Anyway, that's about all the time I have, the area is doing great, my companion is doing great, and I'm doing great, we're hitting the ground running in the area, and for the first time I think in my mission we are really working really hard as I would really like to and I am really super grateful for that, and we're not going to let up, I love you all so much, can't wait to hear back from you next week, Elder Adamson V

No comments:

Post a Comment